Australian Architecture Students Rate their Schools: the Charts
The Good Oil
Want to study architecture in Australia? Here we supply the detailed charts from the surveys of Australian architecture student we discussed in part one of this study (which you really, really should read). These charts show you the best and worst schools— as rated by students—since 1994.
We list the following Australian architecture schools:
- University of Adelaide
- Bond University
- University of Canberra
- Curtin University of Technology
- Deakin University
- Griffith University
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- University of Newcastle
- University of Queensland
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- RMIT University
- University of South Australia
- University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
- University of Western Australia
- Monash University, which we talk about here
What the charts show
These charts map the satisfaction of architecture students at the major schools of architecture in Australia for more than a decade.
- Grey vertical bar: Number of schools reporting with viable data for that year. This varies from year to year.
- Dot on the bar: The satisfaction of students at that school. The higher up the chart, the happier the students. A rank of one (top of the chart) indicates the school with the happiest students in that survey year.
A missing dot for a school means that it reported too few student returns for statistical significance.
Until 2005, the professional architecture degree in Australian universities was the Bachelors. After that date, the Australian schools gradually converted their professional degrees into Masters degrees, although a Bachelors in architecture is still often a preliminary degree.
How MArch graduates rate their schools
These charts show the opinions of students graduating with a professional master's degree in architecture.
How BArch graduates rate their schools
These charts show the opinions of students graduating with a bachelor's degree in architecture.