What this site is about
Dr Garry's Terrace, is run by Dr Garry. He is the 17th greatest living podcasting exponent of the modern synthesis in Biblical studies.
The site has five sections:
- At The History of the Bible Podcast you can listen to a podcast on the history of ancient Israel and the Bible.
- And there are some general ruminations and biographical info, including some tips and advice for Americans thinking of moving to Australia for work or an extended stay.
- At Garry's Charts and Timelines you can download some great free resources; charts and timelines of the Old Testament kings, the tree of life, the Roman republic, the Roman emperors, and the Christian liturgical year, amongst others. All gratis!
- At Garry's Games you can download historical strategy games that are used by history teachers and played by grognards everywhere: for free!
- At his Architectural Blatherations section you can find archival information and biased opinions on the architecture profession and the world's architecture schools: for free! This section ceased updating in 2014, and is maintained as an archive.
About Dr Garry
Dr Garry is best known as the host of the The History in the Bible Podcast.
He is also known as the designer of several popular historical family boardgames, available for free download; and for his science and history teaching charts and timelines, also available for free download. They are now available in more languages than his books.
A long time ago, Dr Garry, quite by accident, created a whole new theoretical apparatus for looking at the place of architecture in society, that itself spawned a mini-school of thought. No, really. Just ask anyone—that bloke on the bus who was cutting his toenails, for example. Click here to find out what architectural sociology is. If you walk away from that experience unconvinced about Dr Garry's claim, we shall … well, do nothing, actually.