What this site is about
Dr Garry's Terrace, is run by Dr Garry. He is the world's fifth-greatest living architectural sociologist, and the 7th greatest living podcasting exponent of the modern synthesis in Biblical studies.
The site has five sections:
- At The History of the Bible Podcast you can listen to a podcast on the history of ancient Israel and the Bible.
- At his Architectural Blatherations section you can find information and biased opinions on the architecture profession and the world's architecture schools: for free!
- And there are some general ruminations and biographical info, including some tips and advice for Americans thinking of moving to Australia for work or an extended stay.
- At Garry's Charts and Timelines you can download some great free resources; charts and timelines of the Old Testament kings, the tree of life, the Roman republic, the Roman emperors, and the Christian liturgical year, amongst others. All gratis!
- At Garry's Games you can download historical strategy games that are used by history teachers and played by grognards everywhere: for free!
About Dr Garry
Dr Garry is best known as the host of the The History of the Bible Podcast..
He is also known as the designer of several popular historical family boardgames, available for free download; and for his science and history teaching charts and timelines, also available for free download. They are now available in more languages than his books.
Dr Garry also is the world's second-greatest living architectural sociologist. Quite by accident he created a whole new theoretical apparatus for looking at the place of architecture in society, that itself spawned a mini-school of thought. No, really. Just ask anyone—that bloke on the bus who was cutting his toenails, for example. Click here to find out what architectural sociology is. If you walk away from that experience unconvinced about Dr Garry's claim, we shall … well, do nothing, actually.